CLIMATE SMART FORESTRY IN PRACTICE
Time: December 3rd, 2018 at 4-8 p.m.
Venue: The Permanent Representation of Finland to the EU, Brussels
- Climate Smart Forestry IN PRACTICE: Case studies from public and private forests
- Results of a recent LULUCF study: Professor Birger Solberg (Norwegian University of Life Sciences)
- Open discussion: Best practices and policies to leverage the positive climate impacts of forests
This highly interesting seminar and networking event will focus on the most recent practical know-how on climate impacts generated by alternative forest management regimes. Koli Forum in cooperation with CEPI (the European forest fibre & paper industries association) invites you to join the discussion on how to best leverage the positive climate impacts generated by forests and the forest sector.
The focus of this seminar is on the practical applications related to Climate Smart Forestry. On the following day (December 4, 2018) our partner organisation EFI will organize a ThinkForest seminar focusing on the science-policy aspects of these issues. These two events complement each other and offer a unique complete science-practice-policy view on the issue.
- Opening words. HE Minna Kivimäki, Ambassador, Permanent Representation of Finland to the EU
- Results of a recent LULUCF study. Birger Solberg, professor, Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- The role of forest products in carbon sequestration. Sylvain Lhote, Director General, CEPI
- CASE Metsähallitus: Climate Smart Forestry. Pentti Hyttinen, Director General, Metsähallitus
- CASE Tornator: Practices for optimizing climate benefits and other values offered by forests. Sixten Sunabacka, CEO, Tornator Oyj
- Discussion and wrap-up: Best practices and policies to leverage the positive climate impacts of forests. Moderated by Terhi Koipijärvi, Head of Communications, Metsähallitus
- Discussion continues with buffet and drinks. Hosted by CEPI
If You have any questions please contact
Liisa Käär (firstname.lastname@example.org), secretary general, Koli Forum Association.